BoyWonder finally got the computer mostly situated, so I might be around a little more. Maybe. The thing is, I hate this setup. We're using our TV as a monitor, which would be great if you could easily set things up to be readable from the other end of the room (and you can't. Or, rather, I can't). Instead, I have to zoom to like 200% to be able to read anything. Also, the keyboard he got has the shift key next to the arrow up, so I keep hitting the arrow when I mean to shift, and after a few dozen times of doing that I want to throw the keyboard onto the ground and smash it with a hammer.
So. Almost all projects have come to a screeching halt because the weather here has sucked. Everything we need to do is pretty dependent on cooperative weather, and we have had very little of that so far. Sprout's room is still a disaster area because we can't start sorting things for the garage sale until we can also sort through all the crap in our shed to figure out which of those things will be in the garage sale.
Really, that's what I should be doing today, but just thinking about it makes me want to hibernate. And, once I'm done with this post, I probably will (hibernate for a while, that is).
I'm super late to the party, but we did have another ultrasound at 12 weeks. Everything was measuring right on track (well, two days ahead, but that's close enough for everyone involved), and it was the coolest thing I've seen. Even though at that point, Sprout was only 2.5 inches long, but you could still see him/her opening and closing his/her fingers, and for a second I even saw the tiniest little feet ever. I wish the ultrasound tech could have gotten a shot of that, because it was awesome.
But, since this ultrasound was technically a screening for tube defects and Downs Syndrome, we didn't have a ton of awesome shots. This is really the best one, and I'm super in love with it, even if it's not very clear:
And, this appointment is the one where the midwife got me all riled up by mentioning that I have gained weight. Actually, I knew I had. For most of first trimester, I was nauseous if I didn't eat every hour or two. And the only thing that really settled my stomach at all was carbs. And my body isn't used to carbs, doesn't break them down very well, so, yeah.
And now that I'm feeling human again, I'm working on it. I'm still gaining faster than I should be, even though I'm back into a (more laid back) workout routine and eating much better than I've been able to for the last few months. I'm trying really hard to just trust my body, but I'm struggling with that. I just spent a year trying to lose this weight, and it kind of pisses me off to watch the scale creep back up, even if I know it's for Sprout.
Also, BoyWonder has been commenting on it, which never ends well and is only feeding the body image issues. So... Everyone has some work to do.
I do, however, have a tiny bit of a bump now, even though some of it is just bloat. This one was from somewhere around 12 weeks, and it's pretty much still looking the same right now:
And yes, this is a crappy picture from my phone. It usually does way better than that, but we were in a mood that day and not cooperating with the weird light in my mud room.
As of today, I'm 14 weeks, 2 days pregnant. So far, second trimester has not been the magical, pregnant-goddess experience everyone keeps promising me it will be. Yes, my nausea is gone, aside from the random attack. And I don't look quite so much like I might die at any moment. So far, though, there has been no magical burst of energy. I'm not any more tired than before, but I don't think I'm less tired, either.
I'm finally able to eat more like I was pre-pregnancy, though, which makes me really happy. My fridge is full of fresh fruit and veggies and hummus, and just being able to handle fresh, live food again makes me a very happy lady.
Oh. My boobs? Giant. They weren't small before, but I'm about to have to buy bras for the second time this pregnancy. And if they get any bigger, I'm going to be stuck wearing granny bras because they stop making cute bras once you hit a certain size. I suppose I could go ahead with some nursing/maternity bras, but those things are kind of pricey, and I'm kind of broke right now. So, we'll see.
Also? Already making colostrum. Not all the time, and not usually a lot, but this morning I woke up and it looked like someone spilled milk all over my arm. Which I suppose must mean that my days of sleeping topless are coming to an end.
Sigh.
These are things no one warned me about. When I told my mom about it, she said, "Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten about that. But it should mean you'll have plenty of milk once the baby is here." Which is awesome, but both pregnancy books I've been reading talk like I shouldn't expect it for another six weeks.
There are worse things, I suppose. I just keep reminding myself how terrible I felt a month ago, which immediately makes me feel better.
So.
I'm going to try to get back to posting at least weekly updates. If you don't see me around, pester me.
But for now, I'm going to eat a giant bowl of fruit, and then I think I'll take a nap until BoyWonder gets home.


2 comments:
I like reading updates on you and Sprout. :) Keep them coming!
Colostrum already? Good times! Lol. It's nice to see your "bump" picture. I smiled.
Post a Comment