Okay. I'm not posting the lyrics this time, because they're part of the video.
This is the band that prompted BoyWonder and I to make a trip aaallll the way to Omaha just a few weeks into our relationship. Looking back, I'm glad he wasn't some psycho killer who lured me to Omaha to kill me. It never occurred to me back then--we were spontaneous and a little irresponsible back then. It was an awesome trip, even though we got lost a million times (this was before GPS was a big thing, and all we had were mapquest directions to get us to the show, and back home again).
We ate Czech food somewhere downtown because it's the only thing we could find. It was, well... It was strange. A restaurant full of old Czech people, and wait staff that seemed confused about why we were eating there.
So, about the song. It's my theme song most of the time. Any time my phone shuffles to this song, I turn it up as loud as the Barbie car will allow me, and I sing it at the top of my lungs. About two minutes in, the lyrics are "And the lows are so extreme, that the good seems fucking cheap, and it teases you for weeks in its absence. But you'll fight and you'll make it through, you'll fake it, if you have to, and you'll show up for work with a smile."
That's me, in a nutshell. So, technically, this song is kind of depressing, but at the same time, it speaks of the strength I think we all have somewhere inside. Life sucks sometimes, but you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and you go to work or school with this giant plastic smile plastered to your face, whether you actually mean it or not.
(I feel like I need to add some disclaimers: my mom isn't crazy, at all, but I do have some family members who drive me insane. Also, I'm really not super depressed right now. I'm in an odd state of being at peace with where I am right now, because soon, things are going to start changing. It's all in the works, it's just a matter of waiting--again.)
No comments:
Post a Comment