Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

The last two hours of being 25 involved shooting myself full of hcg. Awesome.

I say that sarcastically, but it is actually pretty cool.

Yesterday I had another monitoring appointment. Righty (who had 3 follicles that were around 10mm each on CD12) didn't really do much this cycle--all three of them were still at 10mm. Lefty, though, had one follie that was 23.5mm. My lining was (in the words of my awesome RE nurse) "absolutely beautiful," and was at 11mm, which is well above what they're looking for.

So last night, I triggered. Tomorrow morning, we'll go in and do IUI#2. I'm feeling incredibly hopeful. Not that hope raises our odds at all, but I like the fact that my lining was better, and although two or three mature follicles would raise our chances, I'm much happier that I'm not risking having twins. And maybe better lining raises our odds. I didn't ask, but I kind of wish I had. What I know is that this is the first time I've gone to a monitoring appointment and had the nurse be almost giddy about what the ultrasound showed.


Yesterday I also took my 'sister' out for a girls' day. It was... interesting? We didn't really do much. I fed her lunch, and we went to the mall. I spent some money on her. She wanted, of all things, the mini hand sanitizers that were on sale at Bath and Body Works. And a set of 'Big Sister' and 'Little Sister' necklaces, and a sleeping mask. Kind of odd choices, but I suppose that works.

And then, my original plan had been to take her to the salon I usually go to (you know, that one time a year I break down and get my hair cut), because I needed a haircut and thought she'd be able to get her nails done at the same time. But they were completely booked.

So I went to a different salon. But their nail tech was in another appointment. So I got my hair cut, and my eyebrows done (they needed it desperately). And then I took miss Kennedy to get her nails done. Luckily, that was cheap--like $12.00 to have them painted with a design. Hot pink, with black and sparkly zebra stripes.

And in case you're wondering, we just missed the Katy Perry movie. Thursday was the last day it was playing. I know, you can imagine my disappointment. But, as a consolation, I had to create a special Katy Perry station on Pandora for her, for the drive back to her grandma's house. It was definitely a pop music overload.

This makes me terrified to have daughters. I guess if I'm lucky they won't be as girly as Kennedy. Or maybe better taste in music? I don't know. It was different.

So today, I'm heading out to the middle of nowhere to spend the day with my family. My parents are making a ton of food, and I'm ready to get out there and stuff myself full of smoked chicken and all kinds of other goodies... And possibly some homemade beer. mmmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I hope it works this time!