Sometime after the urologist appointment, my back went out again, and it's stayed out. And, of course, it's worse than it's ever been before. This time it's moved to my sciatic nerve, which is causing pain all the way down my right hip and leg. It's been over a month, and I've finally reached the point of visiting a 'real' doctor. That visit happens to be today, at three.
I'm also in the middle of another long cycle. I'm frustrated with that, too. The bright spot of that is that I've seen the pattern. My last long cycle began in August, the first time my back went out. And now, with the pain worse than it's ever been before, is another long cycle. Can pain cause you to not ovulate? I tried to talk to BoyWonder about this, but he is skeptical. It's something I will probably be asking my doctor about when I go in today.
We're still waiting for news on the fertility front. The urology office finally called BoyWonder back with the results of his hormone tests--everything was normal, and they're contacting my doctor, who will contact me to begin my rounds of testing, and we will schedule the surgery for sometime in the next month or so. Apparently they bill it so that insurance will cover most of it. We figure we'll pay five or six thousand, which is still a ton of money, but we're lucky enough to be receiving BoyWonder's end-of-the-year bonuses (he doesn't always get them, and usually they're pretty small, but this year there are two, and they're over a thousand dollars each) and the tax refund around the same time.
Really, what's holding us back is my back pain, and the fact that my doctor (my OB/GYN, I mean) is on maternity leave until the middle of March. I think that puts the surgery in April or May, unless the Universe decides to smile on us just one more time.
I'm kind of relieved about the break, to be honest. I can't get pregnant with my back like this. I was getting really depressed with the pressure of things not happening. After BoyWonder's surgery, it will be four months before his swimmers are back to normal (we hope). I just hope it works. I hope we go back for the follow-up SA and his numbers are ridiculous. I hope they're somewhere around fifty million.
In other completely unrelated news. Kansas has been gifted with awesome spring weather. Right now, it's almost sixty degrees outside, and it's not even noon yet. If my back were better, I would be doing my first yard work of the year, cleaning out flower beds and deciding where I want more beds to go.
I think I'm going to order my seeds this week though. I want new tomato seeds (earlier varieties), a different type of cucumber, some different beans (I'm seriously considering some long beans, or a purple variety), and maybe a new melon... I really don't have much space for melons, but I still really, really want them.
So hopefully today is my lucky day. Maybe today's the day that someone can tell me why in the hell my back is so jacked up. Maybe they'll be able to fix me without surgery or tons of pain medication (I hate medication and avoid it at all costs). Once it's better, I can be myself again. I can exercise, or put on socks, or go from sitting to standing without having my muscles spasm so hard I have to drop to the ground.
So, with the spring weather, there is hope for me and for BoyWonder. I just hope it sticks around (the hope, and the awesome weather).
No comments:
Post a Comment