Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Pretty Sure I Asked for a Break

But obviously that request was just too much.

Everyone in my department is pretty miserable, and that's nothing new. But now, one of my best work friends is transferring to another store. He's also some of my best help. So I'm losing a friend, and also 40 hours a week of excellent help. And we have no one to replace him. We have to choose people to train. And there's nobody that's really ready to move up.

Everything will be fine eventually, but it doesn't change the fact that three weeks from now I'll be more depressed about my job than ever.

I'm down to one other person at work that I can really count on to help me get things done. One person I can talk to about things not related to work that will 'get' it.

So for now, I'm going to go back to hoarding money. Stop eating out, stop shopping, stop buying craft supplies (even though those might be my ticket out someday), stop overspending where I can... And when I'm back to having an acceptable amount of money in my savings account, I'm going to look into transferring. I don't care anymore. I want out. Hell, I'll work a desk job if I can find one. I'll work at a gas station. I'll transfer to some dirty store that's within a reasonable driving distance from home. I just want out.

So, I'm keeping my eye out for openings within my company. And I'm hoarding money. And after I survive Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and the visit from Sarah Palin (she's coming to my store. More venting on that later), I'll finally start plugging away at clearing out this front bedroom. I've got furniture to move out, craft stuff that's going away, and I think that in light of all the difficulties going on, I'm not going to stress about turning this into a bedroom until it's really time. So, the room I'm currently sitting in will be home to all my sewing/crocheting/polymer clay supplies.

I can do this. I'm a strong woman, and I'm not going to let things get to me anymore. Or I'll try, anyway.

No comments: