I have officially commenced Operation Don't Be a Fatass.
This is my third day tracking food. Now, normally I'm terrible about this. Back when I worked at Head Start (and right after I quit), I used SparkPeople to track everything. It worked well enough, but I had to spend a lot of time finding the exact food I ate in their system, and if something I ate wasn't in the database, I'd have to type in all the nutritional info and save it into my favorites. So yes, it worked, but it was kind of a pain in the ass.
And then I got my Evo. I got the SparkPeople app, but wasn't any more impressed with it than I was with the website. And then, on Wednesday, I found Calorific. It's awesome. It breaks food down into three groups: red, yellow, and green. And then it will even break that down into smaller categories. All you do is enter your estimate of what you ate from these groups, and gives you a score on how well you're eating.
So this is day three, and I feel more conscious about what I'm eating. I haven't stepped up the exercise any more than doing some very basic yoga and stretching because my mouth is still healing and I do not want any more complications. But this is a good start.
I'm notorious for giving myself unrealistic goals, but for now, I'm shooting for five pounds. The big goal is 25, but I'm going to do it five at a time. Baby steps.
I've been reading a lot about diet programs for PCOS. Basically it looks like as long as you're eating reasonably and trying to follow the food pyramid, you're in good shape. So what I'm working on is weaning myself from the sugar and replacing it with fruits and vegetables, and looking at what I'm about to eat and thinking about my other options. Most of the time, I'm making a good choice, which is always nice.
And soon, BoyWonder will be adding me to his gym membership. It's not happening until we've paid off some other minor bills, but it's definitely in my future. I'm imagining going straight there after work on my early shifts, before the rest of the world is off work, hit the elliptical until I'm about to die, and then come home for a nap. But with me, it's hard to tell. My hope is that if I'm paying to go, I'll actually go. We'll see.
And, with any luck, dropping a few pounds will force my body to stop acting like a freak and just function properly. That's what I'm shooting for. Properly functioning organs. Is that so much to ask?
No comments:
Post a Comment