This is my first weekend off in two months. It couldn't have happened at a better time.
BoyWonder got sick again this week. I think it was just a 24-hour flu, but it was quite miserable. Fever, vomiting, all that fun stuff... And you know how pleasant men are when they're sick. ugh.
I would love to say that we have an action-packed weekend ahead of us--not so much, though.
In fact, I've already had a clothing-related meltdown today. We were going to get the oil changed on the Fit, and then spend the day running around. Alas, all my summer shirts were wadded up in the hamper because BoyWonder's illness overpowered the need to do laundry this week. So I had nothing to wear and sent him by himself so I would have time to wash a load of shirts.
I think that means I need to spend some money on clothes.
This is what separates me from other women. I HATE shopping for clothes. Well, that's not entirely true. I hate that I've gained 20 pounds since the wedding. I hate most of the clothes that are in style right now. Kind of. My biggest annoyance lately has been that if I find something I like the shape of, I hatehatehate the fabric (Gaudy floral prints? Neon plaid? Orange, purple, and green stripes? No, thank you.), or I find a fabric/print I like but hate the cut/style of it.
This has been going on for at least a year. Granted, I hate shopping and have only gone maybe ten times in the last two years, so maybe I've missed some things. Probably not, though.
So this is me trying to step out of my comfort zone. I have a hard time making myself try things on. Spending money on something I'm not going to wear that much is even more difficult. I mean, I spend 40 hours a week in a uniform. When I come home from work I generally change into comfy (read: not something I'd probably wear in public) clothes.
But it needs to be done. I need to not have a meltdown every time BoyWonder and I want to leave the house. I want to feel cute. I want cute clothes. I just wish they would arrive on my doorstep in my size, and that I didn't have to go hunting for them.
Anyway... so far we have no plans for tomorrow. Granted, I have to work at 5AM on Monday, which narrows things down by quite a bit. I'm just happy to have time with my husband again. I've missed him. Not that I haven't seen him, just that we're different people when we've both been working all day. It's not the same as getting to sleep in and then go do whatever we want. And around here, that is quite rare, especially these days.
What I wouldn't give for a normal job, with weekends off... Or paid sick leave. Or holidays off. I would gladly go back to making almost nothing just to feel like myself again, not just some robot trying to stay alive enough to do my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment