Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I knew it would come back around.

Phantom nausea. Hooray.

I'm kidding. But there has been nausea. This is day two. Yesterday I assumed it was stress at work. I've been eating better and have felt better this month, so I can't really attribute it to poor diet. And then there's the fact that I still feel like crap today.

I tested today (-). It's still early though. I'm going to be really annoyed if I feel like crap and start my period this week.

So... today I took pictures of the garden. Things are blooming. My cucumbers are growing inches each day, and today they had ten blooms. Zucchini are blooming, and so are my tomatoes. And the Kansas melon. That makes me happy, but it's really early for melons. It's puzzling.

Today I was going to start cleaning this front bedroom. And I will probably go ahead and take some things to the shed. I already have to go to Wal-Mart for some really random things (a stud finder, toilet paper, a tool to dust diatomaceous earth on my garden), so I can grab some smallish plastic totes while I'm there. Start getting things boxed up and moved around.

BoyWonder gave me the okay to start looking at nursery furniture. That sounds crazy at this point though, right? I thought so at first, but really the only traditional 'nursery' furniture I want is the crib (which we already have, thanks to SIL). Everything else will be things that PhantomBaby will have (most likely) forever. A dresser instead of a changing table. A set or two of the cube shelves.

Anything else would wait.

I found a really cool antique/consignment store in Wichita I'll be frequenting with BoyWonder, if I ever get a day off to spend with him again. They have several dressers I love, multiple giant expensive armoirs, and a Danish style rocking chair that I'm regretting not taking a picture of... It was $1200. A picture is the closest I'll come to owning a chair that costs that much. But it was beautiful.

Shopping is fun. But it's not as much fun if you have to do a mountain of organizing/getting rid of things before you can shop. And this is something I'm not great at. Most of the stuff in this room is my craft stuff. Now I know I haven't used much of it since we moved into this house, but I still want to use it. It's completely irrational of me. I know I don't need ridiculous amounts of glass beads, and I know I don't need all these stacks of scrapbooking paper. I just can't seem to part with them, either.

I think what I'm going to do is gift out my beads. I mean, I'm going to try my best to use a ton of them first (I have a few projects in mind that will use a lot of them), but then they're going, and if I want beads later, I can buy some. Same thing with the paper.

But I'm going to keep all my tools. All the cutters, glue dispensers, string, wire, pliers, needles, and hardware is staying. Just the software. I have too much shit. Even keeping the yarn is pushing it. But I'll use the yarn, at least. Or... Maybe I should get rid of most of that, too.

Look at me.
Getting all excited like I'm going to do this today.
That's cute.

I keep forgetting that I start getting all crappy feeling as soon as I start moving around. ugh.

I'm sure I'll take some things to the shed. And I'll probably go ahead and buy some totes when I work up the energy to go to the store. And I have to do some dishes. But I don't see myself gutting this room today.

Now if I felt the way I felt last Thursday, then sure. Not today. ugh.

Seems to be the story of my life. Whatever.

No comments: