Friday, May 21, 2010

The Drama Llama Stikes Again.

So BoyWonder's friend is mad at him. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. The thing is, he's always got sand in his vag about something. It used to be that we didn't go to bars with him and his crowd. Now it's BoyWonder's lack of social graces, I guess. Apparently BoyWonder didn't congratulate him on becoming a father, and we're also bad people for giving them time and space to adjust after bringing the baby home.

Of course, BoyWonder didn't tell him any of this. I'm frustrated with this whole situation. Yes, BoyWonder should have at least said congratulations in person. BUT they've been friends since they were kids. Shouldn't he know that BoyWonder doesn't care that much about babies? Did he not see the pictures of us visiting the Nephew when he was hours old? He looks like he's going to puke in every single one of them. I mean, he likes babies, but he's not mushy or particularly excited about babies that aren't his. So, yeah.

At least part of the exhaustion on this matter is that people don't know we're trying. So this friend doesn't know that when we found out they were expecting, we delayed trying so our children wouldn't be as close in age--we've been trying to distance ourselves from them. So in all this time, they haven't known we're trying. They attention-whore every little detail of their lives and they're mad that we didn't come gush all over their baby. Well, my apologies. We're not mushy people. We're not the attention-whore types, and we're definitely not going to support those who are. And we're not going to have the excited, gushy reaction they want anyway, which is only going to keep them upset.

BoyWonder's take on all this is that he's been trying to distance himself from this friend for almost two years, and this might be what does it.

ugh.
ugh.
ugh.

And here I am. I hate drama. I avoid it at all costs. And if creating distance is what makes the drama stop for the first time since last summer, so be it.

So... Now that that's out of my system... I'm on day 7 of my 2ww. Trying not to drive myself insane. Talking myself out of premature peeing on a stick. I'm going to try not to do it at all this time. I'm too optimistic. It's going to hurt.

So today I'm getting the rest of my seedlings in the ground. And I need to start my basil and chamomile in pots. A couple of friends are coming to take what I don't have room for. I love spreading gardening joy.

Which leads me to the last crazy thought I've had: I would like to be a small-scale farmer. If I had more space, I know I could grow enough produce to can everything I'd need to survive winter, plus some to sell at the farmer's markets around here. A friend at work has two acres. This is the second year he's tried to talk me into gardening on his land. I don't have the time this year, but if I'm lucky enough to be at home with a baby next year, I will probably take him up on it. And I think if I split the harvest/market profit with him, he'd probably split the setup cost with me.

So that's in the works. And I might have a work-from-home job lined up in the next few months. My mom started selling water purification systems. She's making good money. She's good at selling. And Cody's watching her. He might end up going for that, too. So... I know I'm not the personality type to do actual sales, but if I were making the calls to set up appointments, I'd make $400 for every appointment I set that ends up in a sale. So if I'm telemarketing for Cody, I'd be making damned good money. He's a rockstar when it comes to sales, and I'm not kidding. When he was nineteen and working at RadioShack he was #3 in the state for sales. He'd only been there for a few months. So... yeah.

Good things are in the works. Now if I can just develop some patience for everything else...

No comments: