I spoke too soon about the roaches--BoyWonder killed three this morning. I just keep telling myself that the exterminator will be back next week, and hoping that this nightmare doesn't end in having to have my entire house fumigated. Not that I want to live with roaches for the rest of my life, but having to move out of my house for a week toward the tail end of third trimester is definitely less than ideal.
I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Sprout's dresser arrived yesterday. And it was damaged. Because it's a clearance item, the company isn't willing to give us a refund, even as store credit to pick out a different model, so we're stuck waiting another ten days to have yet another one shipped to us.
(Also, while leaving the furniture store yesterday, BoyWonder slammed his finger in the hatch of the Fit. And, lucky him, it was locked, so he had to dig the keys out of his pocket to unlock the door to even get his finger out. Thankfully, he has skinny fingers and nothing is broken.)
Oh, and that decal? It hasn't shipped because the post office in Chile is apparently on strike... So my choices are to wait until the post office is open and fully operational down there, or pay for the seller to use a different shipping company.
I'm going with the other shipping company, because she estimated that if I wait, the decal won't be here until the middle of September. And, for an extra ten dollars, I'd rather just get it here. I mean, I'm cheap, but seriously? No, I don't want to be dealing with step ladders and giant wall decals at 35 weeks pregnant.
And today I took my 3-hour glucose tolerance test. I almost failed several different ways. First, I overslept. And because I overslept, I was disorganized and kept dropping things (which really slows things down these days). I also made myself a cup of coffee and an almond butter sandwich (it's my automatic morning routine on days off) before I remembered I couldn't actually have any of it.
Thankfully, I didn't break my fast, and traffic wasn't as bad as I thought, so I made it to the lab on time. I also didn't vomit right after drinking the glucose, although I think that was a result of sheer willpower.
And then, when it was all over, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on myself for lunch at Panera, because I was starving and didn't want anything else that was close to the lab. It was delicious, by the way, although to be fair I think I could have eaten anything and it would have been amazing.
I wanted to swing by the yarn store to get yarn for Sprout's Kitty Blanket (clicky if you wanna see the pattern), but I still felt kind of shaky even after eating, and I also really wanted to get home before it got super hot out, since my car hates me and the air conditioner doesn't work anymore.
So, still no yarn. No dresser, no decal, but yes to more roaches.
I guess the bonus of this week will be that BoyWonder didn't break his finger, I got to eat delicious Panera food, and hopefully I don't have GD. But, we'll see.
1 comment:
I had three hour glucose test a few weeks ago. It was pretty horrible, but I made it. I hope you pass!
Post a Comment