Truth #1: Somewhere along the way, I've begun to truly hate my job. Don't get me wrong, I've always disliked it, but for the last several weeks I've felt more inclined to drive my car through those sliding glass doors than I have been to walk through them and survive another day.
I think part of this is because (and here's where I start to sound whiny) if I had gotten pregnant when we started trying, I'd be almost done with my Dillons career. I'd be down to like, a trimester. And I'm not. Not even pregnant.
But the main reasons are that I'm burned out, my manager spends his time dicking off, and I hate knowing that no matter how well I do my job, no matter how hard I work, or how smoothly things go, my job performance is determined on the performance of everyone else. Which would be fine if all of them were amazing. But they're not. ugh.
Truth #2: It has been ridiculously hot this week, which compounds every other problem I have. My yard looks like hell. My house looks like hell because I'm exhausted from dealing with people who, due to the hellish weather, cannot even bear to be civil to me, and poor, poor BoyWonder has been working 12-hour days this week. So I'm working a 12-9 shift today and a 10-7 tomorrow, which means no housework will be getting done on my end until at least Sunday. This is another reason I. Hate. My. Job. It's not so bad when I have relatively regular daytime shifts, and I can come home and clean in the couple of hours I have before BoyWonder gets home. But to throw these night shifts at me when it's hot and miserable... ugh. The heat makes me feel stabby.
Truth #3: I'm still working on getting Brother into college. Okay, he's officially enrolled. But the financial aid end of it is a major pain in the ass. We took all the tax papers in to them yesterday, so they could verify how devastatingly little he and my parents made last year. BUT when my mom filed her taxes, she added the W2s wrong. It's off by fifty dollars. So we have to fill out an amended tax return paper.
I have to get that done over the weekend and get it faxed to them on Monday. As it is, Brother is not guaranteed a voucher for books, and might have to pay for this entire semester out of pocket. He quit his job to go to school. We filled out the FAFSA in July. It's incredibly frustrating that not one effing person in the financial aid office could even shoot Brother an e-mail letting him know he'd been selected for verification, and now he may or may not be able to pay for his classes.
Truth #4: (Potentially flammable, definitely random truth) With BoyWonder working all these hours in the heat, I worry that all his sperm are fried. This is a bad, bad week to not have any uncooked sperm. But try as I may, I cannot think of any way to prevent it from happening. So... We shall see. Maybe it's silly to worry about, but I don't think so. I seriously think they're all dead in there. And that makes me sad (in fact, I cried about it a little bit last night. Stupid ovulation/estrogen surges... ugh).
Truth #5: My former stepmother (who will from now on be mentioned as K2) is in town. Usually we go out drinking and shopping, but my douche canoe department head scheduled me all these late shifts and I don't think I'll get to see her at all this time, which means I'll have to wait until November or longer to see her again. This makes me saaaad.
So, is five truths enough for a day? This post ended up being much more whiny than I intended, but BoyWonder has been too exhausted to listen to me whine. Therefore all you phantom readers will have to bear that burden. Sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment