Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rambling.

I've been tossing around the idea of starting to actually write a book, piece by piece. Actually, I've just been talking about bits and pieces of my life and had several people tell me I should write a book.

I would like that, if there were only the time to do it. And if my story were complete. But it's not, and much of my life I feel is full of stories that aren't mine to tell.

But there are some things. My childhood in Latham, for sure. Especially when Phyllis and Correna (plus Kevin and Tommie, I believe) lived with us. It was me and my brothers, Sara and Joel (Correna's kids), and Jake (Phyl's). We had good times. We were dangerously smart children and we did things that should be written if for no other reason than to warn people (and remind myself) that too many highly intelligent children in one place can be a dangerous thing.

And the Father drama. And the CrazyLesbianExCon Grandmother. Dreaming I was on fire twice in the week before the house burned. All my crazy teenage years.

So where do I start? Do I start at the beginning? Do I start with what I can write about easily and then put everything into order later?

What I have in my mind is having each piece be, basically, it's own piece of writing and then compiling them... somehow. Possibly in a random order. I could go chronologically, but that might take some of the fun out of it.

What I know is this: I would have to change every name. Even my own. And even then, I would have to wait until my father is dead to even attempt to have it published. He'd try to sue me for the truth, and I'm serious.

But it's something I'm thinking about more and more. I've always loved to write. And when I try hard, I'm really, really good. And I miss that feeling of words pouring through me, flowing out of me and onto paper (yes, I still do my more serious writing on real paper, with a nice pen...). I miss spending time tweaking a word here, the punctuation there, until I've created this... this literary work. A masterpiece. And then the world feels right again.

At any rate... Some pieces are already written. I may post them (although they've been posted elsewhere before), or I may start to work on new ones and post them as I finish them up. But it's something I want. If there's anything I can say about my life so far, it's that it's definitely been worthy of several books.

So that's the energy I'm going to channel. The garden's planted and growing and relatively weed-free. The house is mostly clean, and I don't have a job that requires me to do any work at home. So... I can write.

This should be interesting.

No comments: