
Every month, when a new cycle starts, I try to make a point to read my cards and draw a rune. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it gives me a sense of calm and a different, if not completely random, perspective.
So the last several times I've drawn a rune, it's been this one. So, apparently, I have things to learn from this rune in particular. I suppose I should stop being annoyed every time it comes up. So I'll work on it.
Here's what the LWB says about this one.
The name of this rune is Hagalaz. It's the rune of Disruption, Elemental Power, and Hail. (Go figure.)
"Change, freedom, invention and liberation are all attributes of this Rune. Drawing it indicates a pressing need within the psyche to break free from constricting identification with the material reality and to experience the world of an archetypal mind.
The Rune of elemental disruption, of events that seem to be totally beyond your control, Hagalaz has only an upright position, and yet it always operates through reversal. When you draw this Rune, expect disruption, for it is the Great Awakener, although the form the awakening takes may vary. Perhaps you will experience a gradual feeling of coming to your senses, as though you are emerging from a deep sleep. Then again, the onset of power may be such as to rip away the fabric of what you thought you previously knew as your reality, your security, your understanding of yourself, your work, your relationships, your beliefs.
Disruption takes many forms: a relationship fais, plans go awry, a source of supply dries up. But do not be dismayed. Whether you created the disruption, or whether it comes from an outside source, you are not without power in this situation. Your inner strength--the will you have funded until now in your life--provides support and guidance at a time when everything you've taken for granted is being challenged.
Another of the Cycle Runes, the term radical discontinuity best describes the action of Hagalaz at its most forceful. The more severe the disruption in your life, the more significant and timely the requirements for your growth. The universe and your own sould are demanding that you do, indeed, grow."
Huh. Can't imagine why I've been trying to ignore this one. It's a little dark and scary. When it comes right down to it, though, isn't life full of disruptions? I'll admit that the part about everything I've taken for granted being challenged is pretty accurate. I can agree that there are some major, major things that have got to change.
I just haven't seen a huge disruption.
I mean, not getting pregnant immediately is a little depressing, but it's not ruining my life. I'm saving money, I'm getting the nice material things I want now because I know I won't always be able to afford to have the things I want. I married a man who I love, who is this amazingly calm person. He even cleans house, which is great because that is definitely not my strength.
Work is full of disruptions right now. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm considering trying to find a teaching job again, even if it does mean losing several dollars an hour. I hate it there. Perhaps that's what this is trying to show me?
Somehow I doubt it. I think it runs deeper than that. I think it's going to take some meditation. Lucky for me, I've got the time to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment