Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Because I Know You're Still Waiting...

Still negative. And yet, still no period. And my temp, while it's low, is still above the coverline.

So... The optimist in me says "Maybe it's just a late implanter."

The pessimist in me knows this isn't likely. And according to Fertility Friend, 84.7% of positive pregnancy tests are reported before 14DPO.

At this point, I've made my peace with the stark white, glaringly negative tests. I still have time. And, for now, money to keep going. There will be more cycles. It will happen.

And I have a feeling my life is about to become much less stressful.

Today I interviewed for the job at the other store. I say interviewed, but the manager basically told me I have the job, and the department head only asked me three questions. It will be a pay cut. And a further drive. But I won't work for the most demanding micro-manager in the company and I won't have to deal with a department head who impregnated a co-worker and continues to lie about his child.

I won't be in charge of anything but my own little space.

You know, as an infertile, I hate the whole, "Just relax and you'll get pregnant," comment. It's right up there with a million other things you hear from people who have only ever spent time and money trying to avoid pregnancy. But I keep having this feeling that once I leave, once I get that change of scenery and get back to doing something I enjoy at least a little bit, it will happen.

It will happen. It will.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just left a stressful job too... I really think it will help. For you too.

carmenivy said...

It will! It really will...