I've spent most of my free time over the last three days gutting the spare bedroom. Yes, the same room I've been bitching about for two years now. Yes, it was as bad (or worse) than I thought.
Confession: I think I might be a hoarder.
Don't get me wrong. Living with BoyWonder makes it very unlikely that my hoarding tendency will ever reach TV-series intensity, but I can see how it might happen. The back of BoyWonder's car is full of reusable bags full of random crap I don't need (or in some cases, didn't even know I had).
I thought about photographing all my half-finished projects as I found them, but when I realized it was probably going to total a hundred pictures or more, I decided to just throw the crap away instead.
I'm nowhere near done, and there are many more things I could probably get rid of, but I'm just not ready yet. For now, I'm cleaning the best I can. I got rid of two sets of shelves, bought a set of stackable cube shelves, and I'm realizing now that I could probably use another set of cubes. The problem is that I will fill any storage I bring into the house, but if I just don't get more storage, there's a good chance I might actually finish the purge.
I would post pictures, but I'm not done yet. And even then... I didn't take before pictures. Well, there is that one I posted last year, but I don't feel like digging it up now.
The reason for the purge?
There are two. Firstly, eventually this will be a nursery. I have a sneaking suspicion that when I'm pregnant, I'm not going to feel much like doing any kind of massive purge. I already procrastinate a lot. I have this image of myself nine months pregnant, crying because I don't want to get rid of anything and there is nowhere to put my baby. I suppose I'll probably still have that freakout, though, because I'll actually have to purge/reorganize everything that survived this cleaning spree. But still. I'm considering this a mini-nursery-cleanse. Minimizing the chance of a third-trimester breakdown.
Second... My elliptical is here! There was no room for it in here unless I did this.
That's my main motivation. I am so incredibly tired of being fat. It's been really frustrating because ever since I quit cooking for BoyWonder, I've been eating really healthy 90% of the time. I mean, I'm eating various roasted veggies and lean meat for dinner several nights a week, and on the other nights I'm usually eating a ginormous salad, most of the time without any real dressing other than some citrus juice or balsamic vinegar with a little bit of olive oil. Basically, I've been taking huge strides to eat healthy, real food, in reasonable portions. And NOTHING is happening. I gain and lose the same five pounds over and over and over again. Sure, I feel better--more alert, less exhausted, less gastric issues, less skin freakouts--but the weight stays the same.
Basically, I'm going to have to sweat it off. Freaking PCOS. I'd be less frustrated if I worked a desk job. But I don't. I'm on my feet nine hours a day, walking around. Lifting things. Bending and twisting and walking two or three miles a day.
Oh well.
I was due for a good purge of stuff anyway. So, I guess I'd better get back to it. I have to finish this by the end of today, including building the elliptical. Maybe I'll get a picture posted by next week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment