Thursday, April 14, 2011

28

Day 28: Something you're afraid of.
If I remember right, it was early spring. My aunt Phyl and I were out with our cameras, taking pictures of her daughters at the lake.

We found this nice little rocky area, complete with a tiny little waterfall. So, we get the girls situated, and I crouch down to get my shot, and this is what shoots out from behind their feet. That's right. My small friends were inches away from this guy.

What's worse, he chased me. I mean, I managed to get three pictures first, but after that he was after me for a good several feet before he decided that he had somewhere else to be.

You know, I'm not really afraid of the snakes so much, because I know how to spot a poisonous one (the one up there is poisonous, by the way), and that most snakes are far more afraid of us than we are of them. It's the whole sneak-attack thing that scares me. I don't know what they're doing. They don't make noise, so I don't know if they're really trying to catch up to me, or get away.

Same thing goes for spiders, and, really, anything that could possibly sneak up on me. It's just not cool.

No comments: