I have so much going on right now, it really isn't even cool. (yes, that was a well-thought-out sentence... ugh)
The truth is, I've got too many projects going on, and almost no time at all in which to work on them. And I'm still thinking of new ones. You know, the internet is great and all, but it only gives me ideas for projects that I'll work on but not finish for a year or more. For example, these journals at photojojo. Okay, those journals may actually be the exception, because I think that once I gather the materials, I will be slapping them together left and right, as Christmas and birthday gifts.
But for my crochet projects... I get so discouraged with them. Not that I can't follow patterns or place my stitches... but I rarely finish a project. In fact, I think I've only completed perhaps three baby blankets, a few hats, and some scarves. I'm currently (not) working on my round ripple, a halter top from the Happy Hooker, a baby blanket, and a shrug. ugh.
But necessity has fueled that fire once again. We went to the Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield last weekend, and after taking turns sitting on the ground, I decided that BoyWonder and I need some kind of rough-and-tumble quilt or afghan. What I'm thinking is that the round ripple currently being worked on will, at some point, be turned into an amazingly awesome quilt-ghan. I don't know yet exactly how it will work out, because I can't sew, and I can't seem to find anyone who has attempted this. I'm sure it's been done. But where, how, and by who?
My other thought was one I've been mulling over for about two years now--a jeans and t-shirt quilt. We have awesome shirts, and lots of them. They come from bands we like, websites we frequent, and shows we've attended. BoyWonder says he's a shirt collector... and if I ever cut up his shirts to make some frivolous blanket he would probably die. My thought is that at some point, these shirts pass over into being unwearable. Honestly... Why can't I cut up the shirts that have pit stains? Or grease stains, most likely acquired from BoyWonder's inability to get his fried food from the fork to his mouth without some kind of disaster...
I will leave his shirts alone. (Ah, the things we do for love...) I've started buying my own shirts, knowing full well that at some point, they will be stained and sad, and I will have plenty of wonderfully designed shirts at my disposal. And someday, BoyWonder and I will be old and fat, and I will be needing an idea for a gift for him, and I'll use those shirts. Mark my words.
No comments:
Post a Comment